Terms of Sale
- All lots are sold in lot-number order. We reserve the right to withdraw any lot prior to the actual auction. Bidding starts at one advance over the second highest mail bid. Bid intervals are listed on our bidding page and in each auction catalog. A few lots may have a reserve bid. A 15% buyer’s commission will be added to each successful bid.
- All lots, unless described otherwise, are genuine postage stamps; mint items are original gum and should be considered hinged unless stated as NH. Errors of description can be made; any lot can be returned as long as we are notified within 5 days of its purchase.
- After payment has been made, a disputed lot may be sent to a mutually acceptable authenticity expert. Alan Blair Auctions must be advised in advance of an item being sent for expertization so that the buyer can withhold payment for that lot pending settlement. The buyer assumes all costs if the lot is returned as "genuine", "as described" or "no opinion". While Professional Stamp Experts (PSE) certificates will be honored, stamps that have been "slabbed" or altered in any way cannot be accepted back for return. If the lot is returned with an adverse opinion, we will refund the full purchase price and the cost of the opinion (up to maximum of $50.00).
- Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Buyer pays postage and insurance. Purchases by Virginia residents will be subject to a 5.3% sales tax, unless a valid resale number is provided. Bids and payments must be made in $US. ACCOUNTS UNPAID AFTER 30 DAYS WILL BE CHARGED 1% INTEREST PER MONTH ON THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE UNTIL FULLY PAID.
- Personal checks, and /or all major credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA) are accepted for payment.
- The placing of a bid constitutes acceptance of the above Terms of Sale.
Copyright © 2007 - Alan Blair Auctions LLC, Richmond, Virginia - All rights reserved
Website designed, built and maintained by
Blue Ridge Web Works, LLC